Be Informed, as thoroughly as possible!
Attend the monthly Ellis County Tea Party Meetings
Volunteer to be on one (or more) of the ECTP Committees. Use our Resources web pages to find valuable links to important political activity at the local, state, and federal levels, in multiple areas of interest
Review the following links to learn voting and legislative processes; understand how our government works:
Learn about the "politics" of Ellis County.
- Know which precint you live in, click here for Ellis County precint map. Get to know your precint chair.
Know who represents you! Remain engaged in your learning process and stay current - the political landscape is changing daily! Does your representative know you? They should. Study the Common Sense Texans Fiscal Responsibility Scorecard - use this type of guidance to determine your personal opinion and voting preferences. NOTE: In an effort to preserve our independent stance, ECTP, as an organization, does not endorse specific candidates! Become a Political Activist: (Click here for helpful hints to be a better activist)
- Write letters to the Editor in local newspapers (extremely effective!)
- Letter writing/email to lawmakers
- Participate in activist organizations' petitions
Help grow our numbers:
- Share what we are doing with friends, family, and neighbors wherever they live, but especially with people who live in Ellis County.
- Ask Ellis County businesses to display our business cards
- Refer to our group, website and our ECTP Facebook page on blogs, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
VOTE!!! In every election. Do you need to register to vote? Click on the Contact Us button on the Home Page and we will meet with you and get you registered.
Donate money so we can do more projects like this.
If not YOU, then Who?
But what can I do? Have you asked yourself this question? Then you are in the right place!
Can I make a difference? Yes, it takes only one person to help another, then another and so on and so on. Then you have contributed to a county full of like-minded neighbors.